APPLY NOW – 18 Month Graduate to Export Programme
18 Month Graduate to Export Programme – Any Degree Discipline
Ulster Carpets is seeking to appoint a Graduate to the Invest NI Graduate to Export Programme.
Reporting to the Contract Sales Manager UK & Ireland, this is a key role in developing contract sales business opportunities through the completion of a market research programme.
The export market for this project will be Great Britain and the successful candidate will be relocated to our London office following an initial 6 months in Northern Ireland.
The Graduate to Export training programme is funded by Invest NI and provided by University of Ulster along with the Institute of Export and International Trade. The Programme provides a pathway to secure a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing.
The successful applicant must be in place before the training programme commences in August 2019.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete a market research project identifying 4* and 5* hotel groups within GB using sales information, desk top research, online platforms, Invest NI services, social media etc.
- Visit potential hotel groups to establish other aspects of the project as outlined in the other points below.
- Identify specific hotel groups including number of hotels within group, rooms per hotel and Brands within the group
- Identify ownership of specific hotel groups and route to decision makers
- Identify third parties influencers e.g. Interior Designers, Architects, Project Managers and purchasing companies
- Identify new build and refurbishment programmes within each group
- Identify decision makers for New Builds e.g. owner, design and build contractor or other
- Monitor change of ownership, change or addition of brands within specific group
- Actively participate in a Graduate to Export Training Programme
- Provide any other feedback on the market / competition as discovered through the research
- Provide wider support to the Contract Sales team with any ongoing customer projects
- Travel throughout GB to support the overall project
Additional Responsibilities for all Employees:
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Regulations at all times
- Ensure implementation of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required
- Comply with the Environmental Management ISO 14001 & Quality Management ISO 9001 systems
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management
- Recent graduate at Degree level in any discipline. Recent is defined as having graduated in the last 5 years.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- IT literate to include Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise a number of work demands
- Professional and approachable
- Customer focused
- Driving licence essential
- Must be willing to relocate to London for a minimum period of 12 months
- Must have pre-existing legal status to live and work in Northern Ireland
- Flexible approach to work with the competence to move between tasks to meet the needs of the department
- Project management
- Recent experience in a market research role
- Recent experience in a sales environment
- Knowledge of export markets
- Ability to build relationships at all levels – both internal and external
To apply submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Closing date: Friday , 14th June 2019.