APPLY NOW – LONDON STUDIO DESIGNER
Ulster Carpets is a service-orientated global company, focused on providing design-led woven floor-covering solutions to architects, specifiers and interior designers throughout the world. We have a vacancy for a Contract Designer based in our Design Studio in Clerkenwell, London.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Third level design qualification
- Experience in CAD
- Ability to demonstrate creativity
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and techniques
- Previous work related experience in a relevant design environment
- Knowledge of interior or architectural design
- Relevant degree qualification (in a design related subject)
- Experience in a textile related industry
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with design practices/specifiers and sales people (National or Export) to follow up projects from conception through to production, with designated time frames.
- Undertake project management of all design related areas, including the liaison with planning, ordering hand trials and obtaining sign-offs.
- Create carpet designs on CAD accurate to a brief and record information accurately on CPM.
- When passing design work to a design colleague, ensure the instructions are clear and the work achievable in the agreed time frame.
- Pass on leads or relevant business information to the Head of Design.
- Research and develop new design contacts in the contract market.
- Assist in the development of contract stock products.
If you feel you possess the creativity to contribute towards the artistic diversity of our design creations, please submit your CV to email@example.com, or by contacting:
The Monitoring Officer
Ulster Carpet Mills, Castleisland Factory,
Portadown, BT62 1EE,
028 3839 5214