APPLY NOW – Senior Shift Operator (Yarn Supply)
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Shift Operator within our Winding Department in Yarn Supply.
The successful candidate will have responsibility to assist with the management of the shift within yarn supply, including planning & organising production and resources to maximise quality, service and efficiency while maintaining Health & Safety and housekeeping standards.
- Assisting with the general day to day management within Yarn Supply.
- Facilitating the achievement of the highest standards of quality, service and efficiency.
- Distribution of material to ensure yarn is delivered to weaving (internal/external) per the schedule in Fast React.
- Assisting with disciplinary issues and investigations within the company’s agreed rules and procedures.
- Liaising and co-operating with other operational departments to ensure the highest standards of service and levels of quality.
- Ensuring that the necessary process controls and procedures are followed.
- The management of manpower resources in a manner which encourages employee engagement.
- Assist with decisions related to the daily running of the shift.
- Processing material using the internal computer systems.
- Stocktaking to ensure stocks are kept up to date.
Additional Responsibilities for all Employees
- Adhere to company Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure implementation of the company Equal Opportunity policy at all times.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained.
- Adhere to the environmental and quality management systems.
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Ability to take responsibility for a team
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Be computer literate
- Possess drive, determination and motivation
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work the 3 shift rotation and work flexibly on shifts or hours dictated by the role.
- Previous Senior Operative/team lead experience (including planning and organising production and resources)
To apply complete a Jobs and Benefits application form or a Company application form which can be obtained from the Gate House, Ulster Carpets, Castleisland Factory, Garvaghy Road, Portadown, BT62 1EE.
Closing date for completed applications is Thursday 25 July 2019 at 5.00pm
The company is committed to selection on merit.