We are currently looking for a Project Planner to join our team in London.
The Project Planner will be responsible for all aspects of planning custom projects from calculation of initial quantities to producing seaming diagrams for approval and final installation diagrams.
Working in conjunction with Sales, Design and the Project Manager the main objective will be to plan projects as efficiently as possible, taking into account weaving widths, design repeats and customer requirements of final installation.
The role will involve carrying out site surveys as required and also business travel abroad.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Sales, Design and the Project Manager at project inception to establish and advise on weaving widths, design repeats and technical limitations
- Read and quantify plans
- Calculate best weaving widths and pile direction
- Draft drawings for customer approval, design completion, warehouse checking and final installation
- Compile project control sheets
- Carry out site surveys as required
- Compile uniweave projects
- Create room layouts for customer approval
- Liaise with the relevant personnel throughout all stages of the planning process updating on progress as required
- Ensure all planning processes are carried out to meet project timelines for approvals and production
- Ensure all planning processes are completed to the correct standard to enable projects to be entered accurately and efficiently by other internal departments
- Liaise with the Planning Department in Portadown as required
- Provide onsite installation advice / assistance when required
Additional Responsibilities for all Employees:
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Regulations at all times
- Ensure implementation of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required
- Comply with the Environmental Management ISO 14001 & Quality Management ISO 9001 systems
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management
- GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics and English at Grade C or above
- Previous experience in and competent use of AutoCAD and associated AutoDesk software
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- IT literate to include Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise a number of work demands
- Attention to detail
- Professional and approachable
- Customer focused
- Ability to travel to HQ, Portadown, Co. Armagh for initial training and ongoing training. Initial training approx. 2 weeks.
- Design or Construction related qualification
- AutoCAD Qualification e.g. City & Guilds
- Previous experience in a planning related role
- Previous use of AutoCAD Release 17 / 18
If you would like to join the team please e-mail your CV specifying how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Monitoring Officer,
Applicants must also demonstrate their right to work in the UK.
In accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy, Ulster Carpets particularly welcomes applications from Catholics, Women and Disabled people who are currently under-represented in our workforce. The company is committed to selection on merit.