The Job Specifics
Portadown & Seagoe
Reporting to: New Technology & Asset Manager
Job Purpose: To coordinate and facilitate all maintenance activities to ensure high standards of safety and service for all buildings and equipment to include all manufacturing machinery, FLT fleet and handling equipment.
Ulster Carpets have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Coordinator to facilitate maintenance activities to ensure high standards of safety and service for buildings and equipment to include all manufacturing machinery, FLT fleet and handling equipment.
You will be engaged and developed in a wide range of activities across Operations such as building, machine & equipment maintenance, maintenance contracts, contractor management, capital projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
Successful candidates will have:
- Educated with one or more of the following: NVQ Level 4 or above in an engineering-related subject and/or Higher Level Apprentice Level 5 or above and/or GCE ‘A’ Level’s to include a STEM subject
- Experience in working in a maintenance, facilities or services environment
- Practical hands-on working with equipment, machinery and/or tools
- Excellent organisation, planning and prioritising skills
- Ability to logically work through problems to find solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Confident communicator and able to build relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Keen to develop in a manufacturing environment
- Buildings, Machine & Equipment Maintenance
- Prioritise, plan, track and record all maintenance and facilities requests.
- Perform routine inspections of all buildings and equipment ensuring a maintenance log is developed with repairs/other actions tracked and closed out.
- Co-ordinate the planned and preventative maintenance programme for both sites.
- Manage maintenance spare parts, including control of the goods in/out process, setting reorder levels, systematic identification of parts and budget control.
- Liaise with insurance providers to plan, coordinate, and close out actions required from statutory inspections such as LOLER, PUWER, LEV and PSSR etc.
- Maintain appropriate records and inspections for site services to include water, energy, heating, lighting, and air conditioning etc.
- Practical hands on working with equipment, machinery and/or tools.
- Maintenance Contracts & Purchase Orders
- Ensure maintenance contracts are in place, up to date and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Obtain quotes, place purchase orders and receipt invoices in relation to all maintenance and repairs.
- Contractor Management
- Maintain a reliable network of outside contractors and suppliers to ensure cost effective and timely responses to request
- Plan and organise external contractor work with regards to reactive, planned and preventative maintenance.
- Working with the HSEQ Manager to issue and oversee a permit to work and hot work system of work for contractors onsite.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Work with the wider manufacturing team to identify suitable opportunities for process improvement, energy efficiencies and cost reductions
- Site Responsibility
- Ulster Carpets – Portadown & Seagoe
- Additional responsibilities for all employees
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Regulations at all times
- Ensure implementation of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required
- Comply with the Environmental Management ISO 14001 & Quality Management ISO 9001 systems
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management
To apply your tailored CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to The Monitoring Officer, Ulster Carpets, Castleisland Factory, Portadown, Co Armagh, BT62 1EE. To speak with our HR team telephone 028 38334433. Our closing date is 11 May 2022 at 12 noon.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer