The Job Specifics
Part of the Ulster Group, Ulster North East are expanding their Axminster carpet manufacturing and moving into a purpose-built new facility, based in Washington, NE England. By the end of 2022, this will be the largest Axminster carpet facility in GB
As part of this expansion, we are actively recruiting for Production Operatives to join our growing team and to help contribute to and define the future of the business.
The purpose of this role is to work as part of a dedicated team in the manufacture of high-quality Axminster carpets.
Roles exist in a number of positions such as Weaving, Creeling, Winding, and Inspect & Repair. These roles will operate a 3 shift pattern.
The Production Operative is responsible to the Production Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Take an active role in all aspects of carpet manufacture, including but not limited to:
- The preparation of yarns for loading onto creels, including operation of winding equipment
- Following specifications to load and maintain creels in a timely fashion.
- Work as a team to achieve effective and efficient changeovers
- Repair breakage in weft, warp and wool yarn in a timely manner
- Run high-speed weaving looms to manufacture high-quality carpets to required Quality, Cost, Delivery targets.
- Simple fault finding and conduct scheduled cleaning, repairs, lubrication and maintenance of weaving looms.
- Operation of finishing, backing and shearing plant
- Inspection of finished carpet vs quality standard and conduct rework as required
- Ensure all process documentation is completed promptly and accurately
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Ensure a high standard of safety and housekeeping is maintained including the wearing of relevant PPE, reporting of accidents and potential hazards
Additional Responsibilities for all Employees:
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety Regulations at all times
- Ensure implementation of the Company Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and a high level of Customer Service is maintained
- Provide flexibility in supporting other departments as and when required
- Comply with the Environmental Management ISO 14001 & Quality Management ISO 9001 systems
- Carry out any other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable by management
- Payment rates are £10.93 – £11.10 per hour depending upon the role. Opportunity to develop skills and progress further.
- Full-time permanent positions
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Profit Related Bonus
- Paid Overtime
- Training and development
- Opportunity to join a growing business
To apply for any of the above positions, please email a CV and Covering Letter including a job reference. If you would like more information, including a full job description and person specification, please email email@example.com.
The company is committed to selection on merit.